tisdag 12 maj 2009

Don't worry, be happy

Sweden is a country we should be proved of. We are used to have it safe and to have good security around us. We think it is a democratic matter of course to walk around without a fear and also use the opportunities which surrounds us. The evolution progress with a high speed and even there the Swedish people want to feel safe. There are security system and precautionary measure everywhere for our safety’s sake. I don’t want to change our security system but its important how we make use of it.

First, we are use to see Camera surveillance signs everywhere. We’ll see them in restaurants, shops, gas-stations, banks and even in some schools, but do we feel that it intrude to our integrity. We must think of it from a security point of view, and as a suburb protection against crime. A lot of criminal elements have been investigated thanks to a small lens somewhere. The main thing is the use of it, to convict the guilty person and not use the cameras for own profit.

Second, something we have been use to is PIN code to and fro and an abundance of login information. Sometimes we’ll be irritated to have one more card or login to keep under control, but we know it’s for our security and that we've it because there're people who enjoy their self to use the database to line one’s pocket. Today everything will be entering in a register as buying clothes, food, gas, trainings card, and bank business and so on. I can feel the frustration which of the numbers I shall use, when I must login at a new page or make an announcement for a new course. Or when I’ve bought a product at a good offer and have to pay full price because I’ve forgot the card back home to reduce the price.

Although, a disadvantage of our security safety system and all the precautionary measure is if someone abuse it and obstruct the daily weekday. Today they consider if the insure companies should have right to read persons casebook before they insure someone, to see if they have any diseases. It’s also safety regulations at place on work so it could be difficult to perform the work which must be done. Persons with different kind of functional disorder and old one’s must be incapacitated so they could be helped from relatives with the necessities of life, also because of the system. I think it’s necessary to value the different measures sometimes so they don’t infringe the human rights we are so proud of.

Finally, both camera surveillance, PIN code and login information is a way of protect each citizen and theirs human rights.As long as we have people who can’t separate right from wrong we must have this kind of securities. The Swedish safety system and all the precautionary measure of today are for the honorable and we must hope that the others get caught in the safety net.

1 kommentar:

  1. Dear Mia

    I really liked your blog a lot and I enjoyed every part of it. I also think like you, we have to accept the fact that the cameras are there, just as long as we accept every persons free rights to integrity.

    I see that you use linking devices which are very good. Your text is devided in to paragraphs and each of your paragraph is about one thought.

    I totally agree with you when it comes to bonus cards and PIN codes and I feel the frustration when you wright about forgetting a bonus card at home and you have to pay full price.

    You also have an Introduction, Three thoughts and a Conclusion. Great!

    I think you have written a very good text and I don´t have anything to complain at. It was great!
    I will not say anything about grammar because I am not sure of it myself.

    Good Luck to you with your final blog assignment.

    Best Wishes Rebecca

    SvaraRadera