onsdag 15 april 2009

Where and how shall they be...

Today, we hear and read much about how teenagers are lazy, unpleasant and only makes a lot of trouble. I don't think it's different from the past. We must help those youth who get on the wrong track, instead of only complaining. No one is born evil, or???

A lot of teenagers maybe feel lost. They've nothing to do and no place to go. Both parents and the community must let the teenagers have a place were they can meet each other and have some fun. Of course, adults must have entrance to this place also, so we could check it up now and then. Perhaps, many of these don't have families who let them in if they are many.

It's necessary to let our children know that we love them and understand them. When I was young, my mother and father always let me and my friends in to our home. I've always loved horses and after we've finished the stable, me and my friends bicycled back home and made us some food. Now later on I understand that we maybe not always have clean clothes on, but mother didn't complain. We always felt us welcome. I hope my own children also have the same feeling that I have. They've a lot of cars and other things to and they've a lot of friends who will help them all the time. They're always welcome.

If we only let us know the teenagers, we'll see that they're really nice persons. I think it's our responsibility to let the teenagers and all the children to feel that we've something common. If we trust them and let them help us with different things, they learn a lot for the future and they also get a confidence that they manage things. I've met a lot of friends to my children and I think it's great when they stop and talk to me. Even if they don't have my children with them, they talk for a while and ask me to say Hello to the boys back home. That makes me worm!

2 kommentarer:

  1. Dear Mia,

    Thank you for an interesting text about the situation of teenagers today. I enjoyed reading about your thoughts on the subject!

    As to the structure of your text, you have a nice introduction where you let the reader know what you will write about. For your next text, make sure to include a thesis statement where you tell the reader what the text will be about. In your case it could have been e.g. “One way of helping them is to offer them places where they can meet”. Paragraphs 2 and 3, then, appear to deal with more or less the same thing: teenagers having to have somewhere to go to to meet. Since each paragraph should deal with one idea, you could instead have let paragraph 2 deal specifically with the fact that there have to be public places where young people can meet, and paragraph 3 with the fact that it can be problematic for teenagers to meet in groups in their friends’ homes. Also, make sure you introduce each paragraph with a topic sentence that tells the reader what the paragraph is about (public place; meet in homes). In your concluding paragraph you very nicely end with your own positive experiences that come as a result from your opening up your home to the friends of your children. For the first part of the conclusion, it would have been good if you had summed up your main points from the other paragraphs in a few words, in order to give more strength to your argument.

    As to your language, think about subject-verb agreement, as in “teenagers are lazy, unpleasant and only makes a lot of trouble”, where you should write “make” instead. The following sentence is a bit awkward: “Perhaps, many of these don't have families who let them in if they are many.”, but I guess that you mean something like: “Perhaps it is difficult to be able to meet in someone’s house if they meet in large groups”. The same goes for “that we maybe not always have clean clothes on” which could be expressed the following way instead “that maybe our clothes were not always clean”. Instead of “made us some food” I suggest you say e.g. ”made ourselves something to eat”. Also, you say “we always felt welcome”, without “us”. I’m afraid I can’t really see what you mean by the following: “If we only let us know the teenagers”, but I guess you mean e.g. “If we only allow ourselves to get to know the teenagers”. As regards “friends to my children”, you say “friends of my children’s” (§70). In the case of “Even if they don't have my children with them”, it sounds as if your children are very young and in the care of the teenagers, but I guess you mean e.g. “Even if my children are not among them”.

    Looking forward to reading your next blog!

    Best,
    Marika

    SvaraRadera
  2. I really liked your text about how teenagers may be missunderstood in their way of behaving.In a way I understood what you were aiming for but I think that both paragraphs handle the same thing: location. And the last paragraph I think is a beautiful ending of your text, it wraps things up.

    SvaraRadera